Podcast no image

Published on July 20th, 2011 | by Bob

KBMOD Podcast – Episode 1

And we have liftoff! The first episode of the weekly KBMOD podcast is now live! In this inaugural episode we (Aplfisher, NipNops, PvtJ8ker) introduce ourselves, talk some Black Ops promod, BF3 and various other topics. Alex does the “Rant of the Week” segment and Dan spills the beans on some inside information he has attained (still unconfirmed) about BF3 and Origin.

KBMOD Podcast Direct Download
KBMOD Podcast Direct Download Mirror
KBMOD Podcast on iTunes

Tags: ,

10 Responses to KBMOD Podcast – Episode 1

1. Ryan says:

>Hey dudes. Just so you know, awesome podcast. Also, Europeans have PEGI rate games for them :)

2. Sterling.Reaver says:

>wow Dan's description of the Dudepile was epic lulz time!
    Direct2Drive is another distributor but they are in the IGN/fileplanet network so they wouldn't be hurt by not having stuff at least not as much as some others. D2D is pretty decent for games but has no friends stuffs.
    Good rant about ESRB!

3. Stephen says:

>Haven't listed to a podcast that I can actually finish and love since YAGB. Thanks bros.

4. Kapsar says:

>So, I got two comments, first is about Origin, second is about ESRB. I think Origin is actually a good idea for EA. I would not be surprised in the next generation of consoles or even near the end of this round EA will probably start using Origin to distribute games on Origin. They will probably be streamlining the distribution modes and creating their own space. Also, while the PC market is small now, there will probably be separation between the consoles and PC in capabilities, which may drive additional consumers, they'll be in the right place to take advantage of it.

ESRB was created to prevent legislation, similar to the California law that was struck down, from being enacted to manage the gaming industry. They modeled it off of the Movie rating agency. Basically the ESRB was created when Tipper Gore was going after the music industry about their songs. Alex, I understand your point, but it was created as a protective measure to ensure that the nonsense of that California law didn't happen.

Nice Podcast.

5. Aplfisher says:

>Thanks for the comments Kapsar! Interesting thoughts on Origin. I have no doubt that's what EA is thinking for the platform.

Didn't know that about the ESRB. Good stuff and thanks for taking the time to listen to the cast!

6. Unknown says:

>yay a podcast that is worth listening to unlike pka. :D hopefully they stay consistent which i think they will, unlike the yagb podcast.

7. docDude says:

>Well done, guys. I like it.

8. Jason says:

>Listened to it twice…..Funny and entertaining both times….Keep up the Bitchin work…Ya Dig

9. Saint says:

>Nigger, shut the hell up. I'm a fan of John as well, I enjoy his commentaries and I really liked him on YAGB. But he said he doesn't enjoy doing podcasts. Don't assume he should be on the podcast simply because he's involved with KBMOD and he's friends with these guys. Also, dismissing all the work these guys put into the first episode of the podcast with a comment like "Its not a podcast without john" is incredibly rude.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to more. :D

10. bpost says:

>To the gentleman with the inappropriate name – first, do not post here with that name again, I will be sure to delete your comment each and every single time.

Second, John will be participating in some of the future podcasts, but not all.

Saint, thanks for the kind comments. I may be biased but I think Scott, Dan and Alex did a great job.

bpost

BobBob

One of the founding fathers of KBMOD, and an unfortunate casualty of real life responsibilities. An IT professional by trade, and an elitist by choice.

View bpost's posts