Uncategorized no image

Published on August 27th, 2011 | by Dan

>Saturday Quick Hit: Gamestop Apologizes

After pulling OnLive codes from Deus Ex: Human Revolution and then selling the opened copies as new, and then pulling the game entirely after customer backlash, it seems GameStop is trying to save face.

They are now offering an apology and a $50 GameStop gift card.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a free $50 GameStop gift card and a Buy 2 Get 1 Free pre-owned purchase. We want to earn back your trust and confidence in the GameStop experience. Please bring in this email and your store receipt or order confirmation from GameStop.com and present it to a Game Advisor.

Although, as Ben Kuchera over at Ars puts it, the most troubling thing was “the fact that some people are going to GameStop to buy PC games.”

I still will never go there again.

Source: Ars Technica

Tags: ,

6 Responses to >Saturday Quick Hit: Gamestop Apologizes

1. Tyler says:

>i pre-ordered BF3 for console because i didnt think my computer was going to be done in time (built from ground up with no skill/knowledge) and now the douchebags wont let me switch it from PS3 to PC :( so im down $60 for a game i dont own a console for…

2. derp says:

>I buy my games from "that" shady guy, so no problems here

3. Comrade Kitsovich says:

>Use Amazon if you want a hard copy, I've never had a good experience at Gamestop.

4. john says:

>Not from gamestop, no. Go to Walmart.

5. Fargo says:

>"the fact that some people are going to GameStop to buy PC games.

So we aren't allowed to buy hard copies of games any more?

6. falconpauunch says:

>Gamestop are nothing but a bunch of pisschuggers

• Latest PC Build Guide

PC Build Guide – May 2018

Welcome to the May 2018 version of our PC build guides. We have implemented price targets ($800, $1400, $2000) on ourselves and have had to make trade-offs with each build. Your personal budget will likely be flexible, but we hope this article will give you …:: Read More »
  • Podcast Archive