Uncategorized no image

Published on October 12th, 2011 | by Brandon

Tribes: Ascend now available for pre-order

If you read the article we posted on Monday, you knew that we were expecting to see Hi-Rez Studios to drop an official Tribes: Ascend announcement any day now. Well today, Hi-Rez Studios sent out an email newsletter, stating that you can now go to this webpage to place pre-orders for the Tribes: Ascend VIP Starter Pack.

As I correctly predicted in this week’s episode of the KBMOD podcast, the VIP Starter Pack will cost $29.99 USD/24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP. Kudos to Hi-Rez for giving fair prices to our friends across the pond!

Most importantly, the VIP Starter Pack grants you automatic admission to the closed beta, but you also get:

• VIP Status ($20 value – gives priority login, access to exclusive servers, earning bonus on tokens and experience inside the game)
  • 800 Tribes Gold ($10 value)
  • 30-day booster ($15 value)
For more details, Hi-Rez has posted an official closed beta FAQ page and also listed the closed beta system requirements.

So…does anyone else already have the weekend of November 4 blocked off on their calendar?

Tags: , , ,

13 Responses to Tribes: Ascend now available for pre-order

1. Darbyothrill says:

>Not bad, definitely thinking about that.

2. NipNops says:

>Definitely purchasing.

3. Darbyothrill says:

>I'm going to wait for reviews and such. As much as I want to have a good Tribes game, it is easy to fuck up Tribes. For example, Tribes 3.

4. John says:

>Darby, we played it. It's Tribes.

5. vol1tion says:

>@Darbyothrill:

You mean Tribes: Vengeance? It averaged an 83 on Metacritic, and for the short period in which I played it, I actually really enjoyed the game. However, given that it only shipped 47,000 copies over the first six months, the game is obviously regarded as a massive failure.

6. Darbyothrill says:

>That's cool John, believe me, I'm not talking shit. But a relatively small playtime doesn't compare to actually getting it. I am still really looking forward to this title and am absolutely hoping for the best.

And yes, Tribes: Vengeance took the Starsiege Tribes and Tribes 2 formula and decided to ruin it. For instance, adding grappling hooks that would offer you quick travel across the map FOR NO REASON DESTROYING MOVEMENT I HATE THAT GAME bad memories.

7. John says:

>You could tell from Vengeance in the first 10 minutes that it was a piece of shit.

8. Darbyothrill says:

>Fair enough! I will say, if this game is good, I'm going to have a field day.

9. John says:

>have a field day with me in the sack.

10. Dex says:

>T:V wasn't all bad. It may have not been for everyone, but it was an attempt to keep the franchise alive. It has been a generation of war-time shooters. Even UT and Halo haven't been able to withstand it.

That being said, this game looks awesome. I already whipped out my card and laid down a pre-order. I'm pretty stoked. I can't wait to get the game. Beta will probably make me pull (the rest of) my hair out, but I'd really like something fresh and new. I'm getting sick of deserts and urban streets.

Maybe I can finally play something with Bradon, again. That'd be nice.

11. John says:

>Yeah Dex. Bradon is a great guy.

12. vol1tion says:

>@Dex:

I was surprised at how polished the alpha felt at QuakeCon. I'm sure the beta will have its fair share of hiccups, but I have a feeling it will be a lot more solid than, say, a certain recent beta from EA.

13. Stolen Syn says:

>@vo1lition that doesn't take much. Hell, minecraft is a better beta

vol1tion

BrandonBrandon

Brandon started his PC gaming days playing Doom II (IDDQD/IDKFA for life) and has been hooked on online gaming since the original Starsiege: Tribes. The way to his heart is through proper grammar, corn dogs, and cookie cake.

View vol1tion's posts