Battlestations

Published on August 3rd, 2012 | by Bob

Bro Cave: @ACARDINAL86

This week we feature Mike, aka @ACARDINAL86 on twitter and his clean Corsair Obsidian Series 650D paired with symmetrical ASUS 23’s. I dig the mood lighting. The KBMOD magnet doesn’t hurt, either.

Well I figured I might as well post my bro cave, considering KBMOD was where I went to get into PC gaming back when I was beginning my build in April. I don’t post here a lot – I am more of a creeper!

To begin, I was introduced to PC gaming by my cousin who lived out of the state with my grandparents. Around the age of 6 I remember him playing some awesome game on what I think now was a possibly an Apple II, and I believe it was a game he programmed but at a young age I had no idea what he was trying to explain to me but I thought it was awesome.  My parents finally got a computer when I was around 12, and I spent my time rocking out Microsoft Golf 3.0 and Monster Truck Madness.  Granted, they we not awesome games, but I played them to death.

From high school through my first stint of college I was a consololol player, as it was just cheaper at the time and all my friends played it. Now, I am converted to the PC platform, but I still play all my sports games on my PS3 and the few games that never make it to PC.

In April I did my first ever build that was very rewarding to complete.  I really want to upgrade to a 670 in August and upgrade the 200mm fans in my case.

PC Specs:

• Case:  Corsair 650D
  • Mobo:  Asus P8P67EVO
  • CPU:  Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz
  • CPU Cooler:  Cooler Master 212+ with Gentle Typhoons in a push-pull configuration
  • RAM:  8GB G Skill sniper DDR3 1866
  • GPU:  EVGA GTX 570HD 2.5GB PSU:  Corsair GS800
  • SSD:  60GB OCZ Vertex 3 for OS
  • HDD:  1 500gb Samsung F3 and 1 1TB Samsung F3
  • Fans: 3 Gentle Typhoons, front and top 200mm stock corsair fans
  • Monitors:  2 x 23” Asus 1080p
  • Keyboard & Mouse:  Razer Blackwidow and Deathadder and Steelseries cloth QcK pad
  • Desks:  2 Ikea Vika desks
  • Chair:  Some random POS that gets the job done
  • Others:
  • Asus A53U-XE2 laptop
  • Samsung  40” 1080p TV
  • Sony PS3 Slim with upgraded 500GB HDD

Tags: ,

13 Responses to Bro Cave: @ACARDINAL86

1. Dan Dan says:

Phew, some expensive fans in that sucker, but awesome.

2. Airfire21 says:

were* in the 2nd last line of the 2nd paragraph, also, you’re wiring is really good. Mines almost as good of a calibur. Half, maybe ;)

3. ACARDINAL86 says:

Oh dear god, somebody call the firing squad I have seemed to use the wrong word!

4. Mikan says:

Fucking sick!

5. Cyberwaste says:

That is a pretty beefcake rig… But I WANT THAT TROOPER POSTER!

6. Nejliko says:

Wow, really awesome.

7. Wheelzz says:

How do those fans work on the 212+? Do they work better than the stock single CM Blademaster?

• ACARDINAL86 says:

I couldn’t say they work better than the stock single as I haven’t ran the set up. I think they work awesome. Currently my AC is broke and it is quite warm and humid in the house at I’m at around 35-37 idle and when my room in normal temp I’m <35 idle. At what I would say a normal use load I'm around 48-58 depending on what I am doing.

I wasn't looking for a upgrade or to get super low temps I wanted a case that was fairly quite with out having to deal with water cooling and that can move air. Over all I am happy with the Typhoons and Gelid fans in my case.

• Wheelzz says:

Thanks. What temps do you get when running something like Prime 95?

• ACARDINAL86 says:

For prime 95 I am around 63-68c when my Air is working. But I just tested and I averaged around 73-77c. But as I stated before it is currently around 76-80F in my room now as the AC is down and the humidity is also up.

8. Thompaam says:

Favorite things: 650D, very sexy case, KBMOD badge because #DellOrDie and Iron Maiden poster.

bpost

BobBob

One of the founding fathers of KBMOD, and an unfortunate casualty of real life responsibilities. An IT professional by trade, and an elitist by choice.

View bpost's posts