Published on July 26th, 2011 | by Brandon2
>How popular is League of Legends?
>The answer is: very popular. PC Gamer has an article up today that explains just how large the free-to-play game has become:
- Every day, over 1.4 million players log on to play League of Legends
- There are over 15 million registered accounts
- Between NA and EU servers, peak concurrency has reached 500,000 players
- Players spend an aggregate total of 3.7 million hours in-game every day
- The official League of Legends site gets 6 million hits a day
- League of Legends YouTube videos have nearly 100 million views
- Over 1,690,000 viewers tuned into the online broadcast of the League of Legends Season One Championship, with concurrent viewership peaking at over 210,000
I haven’t tried League of Legends myself, but I must say, these stats are pretty incredible for a game that burst onto the scene less than two years ago.