Published on August 22nd, 2011 | by Dan

>Razer Tells Us What We Already Knew

Razer mysteriously has put up a website: PC Gaming is not dead!

We knew that. And you’re here, so you knew that too. What we don’t know is what this is all about. Supposedly there will be an announcement on August 26th. MaximumPC has a theory it is their new gaming notebook (the Switchblade), a first for Razer entering that field.
I have a couple other theories:
1. They are going into the CyberPower mode; full on hardware customizer. They already make some of the best peripherals, so it’s not out of the question.
2. It’s an advancement of that motion controller they made. Kinect for the PC, as it were.
I hope it’s #1 or MaximumPC are right about the laptop.

Tags:

6 Responses to >Razer Tells Us What We Already Knew

1. Zackcy says:

>Razor peripheral= cheap build quality, flashy, overpriced.

The only product they have that's decent is the Deathadder.

2. ChodeNation says:

>Demise? PC gaming? Ololololololololol Razer

3. TorSaaN says:

>They are trying to make them look good , boycott RAZER !

4. Evan says:

>@Zackcy The BlackWidow [Ultimate as well] are well worth the money. They're the cheapest mechanical keyboards or close to, have the most features and are very well built.

5. DarkStreak says:

>The only good Razer product is the Death Adder isn't true. I have a lachesis 5600 DPI and I love it. My scarab is a great mouse pad. And the Black Widows aren't bad. I would have gotten one if it had Cherry Brown switches. Oh, and the Carchias is a pretty damn good headset. I don't know why people hate on Razor so much now a days…

6. Rossatron says:

>Well, It's here…

The Blade
    Price: US$2799.99
    Availability: North America Q4 2011
    Product Specifications:
    · 2.8GHz Intel® Core™ i7 2640M Processor
    · 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
    · 17.3" LED Backlit Display (1920×1080)
    · NVIDIA GeForce® GT 555M with NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology
    2GB Dedicated GDDR5 Video Memory
    · Built-in HD Webcam
    · Integrated 60Wh Battery
    · 320GB 7200rpm SATA HDD
    · Wireless Network 802.11 b/g/n Compatible
    · 16.81" (Width) x 10.9" (Depth) x 0.88" (Height); 6.97lbs (Weight)

youtube preview

I put the OO in Swagoo.

One of the founders of KBMOD. I stream on Twitch as well as writing and editing for the website.