Battlestations no image

Published on September 23rd, 2011 | by Bob

Bro Cave: @TrippingBowser

>What’s up everybody, it’s @TrippingBowser or Grant, whichever you prefer. I have been a fan of @Aplfisher for a while and through his channel started watching the other bros. I have been a PC gamer since freshman year of high school.

Unfortunately, my mobo died during my junior year, so I decided to get an Xbox 360. I know it’s blasphemy, but my computer was already out of date and I needed a full new build, which I couldn’t afford at the time. Well, a year ago, I had the money and decided to get back into PC gaming and built my current PC.

I know I am going to get some shit for using AMD rather than Intel, but at the time, it was the best price for performance in my price range. The only regrets I have for my build are not having enough wattage to have dual video cards and my case’s shitty cable management.

Check out some pictures and a list of my parts below.

My gaming corner, where I waste a large part of my life
Yeah, I really wish my case had better cable management.

My Setup:
Motherboard: MSI 890FXA
Power Supply: Antec TruePower 750W
CPU Heatsink: CORSAIR Hydro H50
Mouse Pad: RAZER Destructor
Microphone: Blue Yeti

16 Responses to Bro Cave: @TrippingBowser

1. Pheo says:

>That desk looks exactly like what I need. Do you remember where you got it from?

2. bpost says:

>FYI the chair actually is what really caught my eye ;-)

3. KHAPPi says:

>Looks good dude. Wiring is ok and looks cool. Dont understand why ppl are bitching about that or AMD. but anyways INTEL FTW!!

4. Nathan says:

>so you aren't proud to use AMD I'm disappoint

5. David says:

>@Darbyothrill I have a very similar chair. I bought it at Office Depot for around $80, but that was more than four years ago. It's a damn good chair.

6. Mikan says:

>dat_mic = dat_analdestroyer. Sick Setup btw.

7. Darbyothrill says:

>I'm actually more interested in what kind of chair that is. It's hard to find a good chair.

8. TrippingBowser says:

>Well thank you to John educating me that I could add another 570 and still run at full load with my 750w PSU. I think I will pick a second 570 up when BF3 comes out or if I see a good sale ;)

9. Aequitas says:

>Your shitty cable management isn't the cases' fault. Your PSU is blocking the hole that your cables can run through. I have the same case and my cables are all at the back except for the Main Motherboard cable which is too thick and won't let me close the side panel.

10. hgarrett says:

>I love my x6 1090t it runs real well i don't know why you are anticipating hate for not using intel

11. dominick says:

>965 non-overclocked=140w. A 570 at full load=330w. I would try going sli, and if it starts to stutter then upgrade psu. Chances are you'll be fine as long as you dont run anything super intense like furmark. Its hard to get two 570s to fun at full load during anything.

12. Fargo says:

>Same monitor brofist. Still have to get mine in. Those pesky front panel connectors are keeping me from making my wiring look neat, but I think they look ok in comparison.

Solid cave, solid setup.

13. ZBUFF says:

>Theres nothing wrong with AMD, its just that Intel is the superior race… until bulldozer comes out.

14. TheDillsterr says:

>I don't personally see anything wrong with AMD stuff. I mean obviously Intel's i series is what to my knowledge, is the best out there but not everyone can afford all that stuff. AMD seems to give the same performance for a lot cheaper so in my eyes there's nothing wrong with it. I know people on here are a lot more tech savy than me though so maybe I'm speaking out of ignorance. Either way, you have a very nice computer. If I posted mine everyone would probably laugh at me lol.

15. John says:

>Also, if you don't plan on OCing that PSU, you can SLI 570s on a 750w fairly safely.

16. John says:

>dat_wiring

bpost

BobBob

One of the founding fathers of KBMOD, and an unfortunate casualty of real life responsibilities. An IT professional by trade, and an elitist by choice.

View bpost's posts

• Latest PC Build Guide

PC Build Guide – May 2018

Welcome to the May 2018 version of our PC build guides. We have implemented price targets ($800, $1400, $2000) on ourselves and have had to make trade-offs with each build. Your personal budget will likely be flexible, but we hope this article will give you …:: Read More »
  • Podcast Archive