Battlestations

Published on August 31st, 2012 | by Brandon

Bro Cave: Notech4u

Today’s bro cave comes to us from Jake, a graphic design student whose setup features a beastly gaming machine and a nice little home server that packs a punch as well. With both of these rigs powered on at full bore, I’m betting he doesn’t have to use his heater much during the winter…

Hey, I’m Jake, but on the Internets I go by Notech4u or 16inchRichard. I’m studying graphic design at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, and that’s my life. I built both of my rigs with that in mind, not to mention gaming. A lot of gaming.

Rig #1 (Nickname: Layla)

Case: Corsair T600
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7-3930K (overclocked to 4.0 GHz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100
RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR3-1600
GPU: 2x GeForce GTX 680 (SLI w/ 180 MHz overclock)
PSU: Corsair HX1050
SSD: 60GB Corsair Force Series 3 SSD
HDD: 1.5 TB Seagate 7200RPM
Fans: All Aero Cool (Green LED)
Monitor: Acer A221HQV 22″ LCD
Keyboard: HP Wireless Elite V2
Mouse: Microsoft Laser Mouse 7000 (yeah yeah, trolololol)

Rig #2 (Nickname: Steve)

Case: Rosewill DESTROYER Black LAN
Mobo: Asus M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 BE (overclocked to 4.0 GHz)
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 NT
RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3-1600
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6870
PSU: Corsair TX650
HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB
Fans: All Aero Cool (Green LED)
Monitor: Acer A221HQV 22″ LCD
Keyboard: Alternate from other comp
Mouse: Alternate from other comp

I built Steve back in early 2010, but he now serves as my home server, and Layla is my new gaming and rendering machine. I have a YouTube channel that I do graphics on, and I’ve done a lot of graphics for YouTubers like Ernest Le. Feel free to ask me for graphics on my channel, and add me on Steam (Notech4u) or League of Legends (16inchRichard). I love to play, and I’ll play with anyone. KBMOD!

22 Responses to Bro Cave: Notech4u

1. Jonathan Beck hexidecimal says:

That is an ABSURD build for you main rig. Nice job man. Really nice.

2. Hamish says:

I would kill for a rig like that. Your e-penis must be the largest I have ever encountered.

3. TheBadamanCJ says:

SLI 680s. That is fucking godly. Someday I may have a PC half as good.

4. RossGeddes says:

That must be a total beast when it comes to graphic design. Very nice :P

• notech4u says:

Yeah, my gfx work in most 3D work spaces renders out at almost 5 FPS (depending on render settings) , witch compared to most good rigs(1 frame per minute thirty or so) is incredible… its that 3930K. She’s a winner

5. CelloSwiper says:

How’s the sound coming from the H100? Been aching to try some water cooling out. Really solid builds too!

• Trikay says:

It’s a fancy looking air cooler. If you’re going to put down money for cooling then buy real water cooling.

• notech4u says:

Well as far as cooling standards go, your going to get way WAY lower temps on an h100 (especially if OC) or even an h80 {compared to any other air cooler, i.e. Hyper 212}. But i have my fans mounted as pull above the radiator in their own little fan bay the case has, so it sounds fantastic, hardly any noise what so ever. The only time i notice it is when the AC in my room is off. ;)

6. MrR3DBaron says:

wow man nice rig, now you just need a battlestation to match, needs to be more of a cave for gaming i find

• notech4u says:

I wouldn’t have much more of a use the more than MAYBE one more monitor. not to mention i dont have room… But otherwise i’m not sure what you mean sir. O.o

7. ScubaSteve says:

The Movie Poster pic of Robin on your youtube page is badass.

8. Wheelzz says:

Beatiful rig. Where are the power connectors on those 680s?

• notech4u says:

They’re there, on the far right side, those four black cords, they all go to the 680’s, not the MOBO ;). But thanks for the unintentional cable management compliment :D

• Wheelzz says:

No problem, wish I could do some cable management as good in my HAF 912. Seems kind of weird that such a big card has power connectors on the end of the card. I do prefer it to the side connectors on the EVGA GTX 670 FTW I am setting up in my upgrade. Being that you are studying graphics design, I am surprised you don’t have a 2nd monitor!

9. TheOneHalf says:

Nice job, the rigs look great :) your main is simmilair to mine except I went with a 690 instea dof dual 680’s but very nice job :D

vol1tion

BrandonBrandon

Brandon started his PC gaming days playing Doom II (IDDQD/IDKFA for life) and has been hooked on online gaming since the original Starsiege: Tribes. The way to his heart is through proper grammar, corn dogs, and cookie cake.

View vol1tion's posts