Battlestations

Published on September 21st, 2012 | by Brandon

Bro Cave: @PinkStahli

This week’s bro cave comes to us from Mark a.k.a. PinkStahliWith SLI 560s, his PC is already pretty capable, but if he goes through with his plans for a 690–or, god forbid, SLI 690s–this rig will be the baddest thing on the block. We’ll even let the MacBook Pro slide this time.

Hey guys, I’m Mark or PinkStahli. I’ve been a gamer for several years, but only four years ago did I become a true PC gamer. When I was 10-14 years old, I always thought that games were awesome (I have always had a particular love for the Halo and Half-Life worlds), but never played them. Then, when I was fourteen, we bought a HP Pavilion gaming PC. It was a monster; it ran everything at ultra at the time, and I loved it. It had a Core i7-920, 8GB of what is now slow memory, and a Radeon HD 4650. I played at the very least twenty (or more) CoD4 configs. I started to grow a Steam library, and now I have my own custom PC that I love!

Fast forwarding to now: I am a guy from Massachusetts who loves BMWs and muscle cars, and PC gaming even more than those. Currently, I have a custom gaming rig that I built toward the end of 2011.

Case: Antec Lanboy Air (Blue)
PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W PSU
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K @3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Stock Intel cooling (shaddap)
Network Card: Poopy HP network card (works fine, but HP is pretty meh)
HDD: Western Digital 1TB, Hitachi 1TB
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
GPU: SLI EVGA GTX 560 SC (I’m strongly considering getting a GTX 690 or two)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x2GB DDR3-1600

I also have a 2011 MacBook Pro with a quad-core Sandy Bridge i7, 8GB of RAM, and a Radeon 6770M. I am going to buy an Origin custom gaming laptop soon, but for now, this is what I’ve got.

13 Responses to Bro Cave: @PinkStahli

1. Wheelzz says:

Solid setup but if you really want to upgrade for GPU I would just go with SLI 670s.

2. modernprokiller says:

how much did all of that cost? i want to get a PC for newer games like battlfield 3 and diablo. any suggestions for a not so expensive one? or maybe some suggestions for making a custom PC?

3. Whyaim says:

“CPU Cooler: Stock Intel cooling (shaddap)”

We need to stop the abuse of CPUs today.

Please, #Buyabettercooler

4. beardedvillain says:

Nice setup. Are you really planning on getting TWO 690’s? One 690 is already overkill. You should just get one, and spend the money on an SSD and a better CPU cooler so you can overclock that CPU of yours… it would be better than buying two 690’s xD

5. TheBadamanCJ says:

You should definitely get 2 690s, you need them if you want to max out Minecraft

6. fatattack82 says:

Wow i had the same case and keyboard and mouse as this bro and i also bought an hp pavilion while i was 14 and made my rig at the end of 2011 are we twins?

7. PinkStahli says:

So yes. I generally would agree with you guys. I would never buy a two GTX 690’s for list price. A local place is selling them for 500 each. Also, am in the midst of either getting a Clevo or an Origin gaming laptop.

So thanks Brandon and KBMOD you guys rock!

8. nickba says:

Nice setup man, maybe try and do some cable management next time though.

9. PinkStahli says:

Nickba. That’s my projects as we speak. As soon as stuff is neat, I will start the upgrade process. The wiring is ugly.

vol1tion

BrandonBrandon

Brandon started his PC gaming days playing Doom II (IDDQD/IDKFA for life) and has been hooked on online gaming since the original Starsiege: Tribes. The way to his heart is through proper grammar, corn dogs, and cookie cake.

View vol1tion's posts