Published on August 28th, 2012 | by Dan

Skyrim’s Hearthfire DLC Brings Home First World Problems

Ever wanted to bring the stresses of real life into your video games? Yeah, me neither. Between a mortgage, credit card statements, and two children, I have enough stress already–I don’t need to go adding some to my virtual life as well.

But if you want to venture into the exciting duties that accompany property ownership, Skyrim’s upcoming Hearthfire DLC will be your chance. First, you’ll actually purchase the deed for your plot of land, then build your home room by room. Bethesda has really gone the extra mile here, allowing for tons of customization. You can decorate your abode with trophies and display cases, then venture outside to add features like gardens, bee hives, docks, and fish hatcheries. You can hire a house steward to help you buy items and arrange travel. Once your home is ready, you can move your spouse in and even adopt some children if you so choose.

I foresee many ridiculous roleplaying scenarios and YouTube videos coming out of this. The DLC will cost 5 dollars and drops September 4th for Xbox, with the PC release hopefully following soon after. Happy house hunting!

Tags: , , , , , ,

9 Responses to Skyrim’s Hearthfire DLC Brings Home First World Problems

1. TSeags says:

I’ll take two copies. If bethesda releases this later for PC, I think I might just die of laughter.

2. beardedvillain says:

There is a mod literally exactly like this… this adds a few things to it, but hardly… kind of lame they are making people spend money on something like this.

3. Wheelzz says:

I actually think this sounds kind of interesting. It may not be for everybody but I know for a #FACT (where is Alex when we need him?) that this is the type of thing many people will enjoy doing in Skyrim. At the end of the day, you dont have to buy it. I’d rather see Bethesda releasing things that maybe not everybody will like but many will love than releasing nothing at all. Hey, atleast they aren’t charging 14.99 for it. Who do we know of that might do that?

4. Nerdbot says:

Thanks Bethesda. Now I can play the Sims©™ with my Dragonborn!

5. Akaitenshi says:

I used to be an adventurer, then I bought the heartfire DLC and became unable to leave the home, because I had to run a family… sounds so fucking lame..

6. JeffLaFlavor says:

I speak for IGN when i give this DLC a 8.5

7. lukeh15 says:

The Skyrim hype has died for me. Delaying Dawnguard until 30 days after the Xbox release didn’t help either.

8. natanOj says:

1/10

9. TheBadamanCJ says:

Can’t wait to play this on my Xbox!!! Console Skyrim 4 life, who needs mods?

• Latest PC Build Guide

PC Build Guide – May 2018

Welcome to the May 2018 version of our PC build guides. We have implemented price targets ($800, $1400, $2000) on ourselves and have had to make trade-offs with each build. Your personal budget will likely be flexible, but we hope this article will give you …:: Read More »
  • Podcast Archive